Wednesday, March 22, 2017

RKC Training Day I don't know what. The Big 55 makes an entrance!!

Hello TEAM!

Today, I trained with one of my very best friends, and my Sister Of Strength Laura Smith Martensson.  Laura and I have been through a lot together, and it was a genuine pleasure to throw some iron around with a true pal.

We were both feeling a little sluggish, so we dusted off an old favorite!  The Dan John Big 55! Take any movements you want, and do them 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.  That equals 55 reps of each movement, hence the name.  We did Double KB Sumo Deadlifts, Bottoms Up Kettlebell Overhead Presses and KB Goblet Squats.

I used:
Double 32 kgs for the Deadlift so 140
12 kg bottoms up press for sets 10-6 and 14kg bottoms up for 5-1
32kg Goblet Squat

It was WONDERFUL.  We chatted, lifted and were done in 35 minutes.   We rested one minute between sets.   Love that LSM.

No comments:

Post a Comment