Tuesday, March 7, 2017

RKC Training Day One!

Hello READERS!

It's been a while!  It's ALWAYS been a while, I know.   Gonna try to be better over at least the next few months.

I have decided to join the illustrious ranks of the RKC!  For those of you who may not know, the RKC stands for Russian Kettlebell Challenge.  It's a three day certification/coaching course for kettlebell professionals.  I am currently SFG Level II, which is the same thing, but a rival company.  I have done five SFG weekends in my life.  Three as a candidate, and two as an assistant, and lemme tell you....they are a BITCH.   Grueling hours, hundreds of reps, blood, sweat, and tears.

To pass the RKC the candidate must perform the following requirements.  For me, the bell sizes are 24kg or 53 pounds.

10 Double Swings
5 Double Cleans
5 Double Front Squats
5 OH Press
5 Snatches on each arm
1 Get up on each side
Snatch Test 100 Snatches in 5 minutes

I have until June 9th! My mentor and Brother-in-Law Dan John is hosting the event, so I want to do him proud.  Dan always says one of three factors limits you in the RKC...your lungs, buns, or guns.
This will be my chronicle of training all three over the next three months.


DAY 1: GUNS/LUNGS: Trying to build up some arm strength, as well as keep my breathing and heart rate up.  Here is what I did.

Warm Up:  Cross Crawls-1 minute
                     ISO-Ass-To-Grass Squat 1 minute
                     Stoney Stretch 1 minute
                     Baby Crawls 1 minute
                     Windmill Stick :30 each side
WORKOUT:
5 minutes/on the minute:  10 1-Arm Swings/each arm 26kg

Rest/Cross Crawls/Rockbacks 5 minutes

5 1-Arm Clean/Press 26kg bell each arm
5 1-Arm Offset 26kg Squat
5 26kg Snatches each arm

Rest/Cross Crawls/Rockbacks 5 minutes

5 minutes/on the minute: 10 1-Arm Swings/each arm 26kg


Thanks for reading! And I appreciate any accountability check ins!  Please!  RKC June 9th in NYC!! Let's DO THIS!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea to chronicle the training...I'll be following. Not sure what cross crawls and baby crawls are. Maybe an occasional video demo might be an idea? Best of luck with this.

    ReplyDelete