Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Days 6, 7, and 8!

Hello TEAM!

Sorry for the delay in posts, things just got a little out of hand, schedule wise.  But I'm BACK, and I have check ins for the past few days.  They are as follows!!


Sunday 3/12/17

Did a short, KB Complex.  Used double 20kgs and did the following for 10 minutes AMTAP (as many times as possible)

5 Double Swings
4 Double Cleans
3 Double OH Press
2 Double Squats
1 Try not to puke

In 10 minutes I was able to do 7 rounds.  Not the best, but the goal is to get to 1 round on the minute. The idea here, is I'm going to be doing TONS of complex work.  Lots of Double Swings/Cleans/Presses/Squats all together, so building my resilience on this stuff is CRUCIAL.


Monday 3/13/17

Day of Rest.  Trying to rest twice a week.  This was my second rest day, and I worked all day.  It was lovely to rest, my right shoulder and neck are stiff from all the KB complex work.  I'm concerned about the mobility in my right shoulder.  Working through it with some correctives and mobility drills given to me by my colleague and brother Kyle Langworthy.


Tuesday 3/14/17

Today was back to Single Arm Swings.  Since it's a Snow Day in New York, I did the traditional Hemingway/Dan John stuck inside workout.  300 Swings.  150 on each arm with a my home bell.  It's 55 pounds, which comes out to 25 kg.  So a little heavier than my test bell.  I didn't snatch it for two reasons.
1. The handle is too fat and rough.  It would SHRED my hands if I Snatched it.
2. My shoulder and neck can't really handle a legitimate snatch test right now.  It would be the end of my training cycle, I fear.

I did the 300 just like I would do my Snatch Test.  10 Swings on each arm on the minute for 5 minutes each set.  So 100 per 5 minutes.

10:10-10:15 1-100
10:16-10:20: Bear Crawls/Cross Crawls/Iso Squat
10:20-10:25 100-200
10:25-10:30 Bear Crawls/Cross Crawls/Iso Squat
10:30-10:35 200-300



There you have it!  Photographic EVIDENCE.  Those dots on the mat are indeed sweat.  


On a personal note, thanks to everyone who has read and checked in with me on this.  I have NEVER been this consistent with this blog, and I am really enjoying it.  Thank you for the validation, questions, and support. I am so grateful.






1 comment:

  1. any chance of a video of the cross crawls and baby crawls?

    ReplyDelete