Wednesday, March 22, 2017

RKC Training! Still at it, just a TERRIBLE blogger.

Hello Friends and Readers,

For those of you who don't know, I was a journalism major in college.  When people find that out, they often ask me, "Why didn't you become a journalist?"  Then I tell them to read my blog.  Clearly, consistency and adherence to deadlines is NOT my strong suit.  Speaking of STRONG....here is what I've been up to in the past week!

When I last left you, dear reader, it was the 15th of March.  I had just completed 3 Snatch tests. 20kg, then 16kg, then 12kg.  It fucked my right hand and wrist up a little, so I took some extra rest.  Photos below.

I took Thursday, March 16th off, because I had a lot of rigamarole that day.

Friday March 17th.  St. Patricks Day!  Deadlifted at 6:30 that morning with MFF Trainer In Residence David Romero in attendance.   Did the following

BB Sumo DL x5:  135  185  185  205  205  215
Push Ups x10:         10    10    10    10    10    10

I did the last five push ups on the last two sets as Plyo push ups, so there.

Saturday March 18th: Rested again.  My right shoulder and neck are bugging me, as well as the iron burn on my wrist, and the cut on my right hand.  MESS.

Sunday March 19th: Deadlifts and Bottoms Up Over Head Pressing.  5 each arm.  40 Bodyweight Squats, 10 Chin Ups.

BB Sumo DLx5  135  185  205  205  225  225
16kg BU OHP     x5   x5     x5     x5   x5    x5
40 BW Squats
10 Chin Ups.


Monday March 20th: Heavy Single Arm Swings!  300!  Back at this shit!  This time I used a 26kg at work, and did 10's on the minute on each arm.  3 sets of 5 minutes.  2 minutes of rest in between. Note, gentle reader, I have shortened the rest period between sets here by 3 minutes!  I was doing 5 minutes of single arm swings, 5 minutes of rest, 5 minutes single arm, etc.

My rest periods were limited to 2 minutes in between each set.  It was TERRIBLE.  And wonderful at the same time.

Tuesday March 21st: Day of Rest.

Wednesday March 22nd: Working out with Laura Smith Martensson, this afternoon.  I will Deadlift, and press, I imagine!


Love you all!  Sorry for the delay in posting.  I will keep it up.  Heading to Denver this week to visit my gorgeous wife, so look here for Road Warrior Workouts!!




No comments:

Post a Comment