Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 5!!  Performed 2/6/2014 at the Ninja Clubhouse in the Dragon Lair.  So, this day called for sprints. 15 minutes of SPRINTS.  I didn't really have anywhere to sprint because of the Polar Vortex, so I made some modifications.  I did 15 Burpees on the minute for 10 minutes.  I almost puked my GUTS out.  THEN, I added a short preview of a workout I call the Monkey Butler Complex.  I have included it in the metabolic section at the bottom.

Warm-Up:
5 minutes Naked TGU's
Windmill Stick :45 seconds each side x2.  The extra 15 seconds was EXCRUCIATING!
Stoney Stretch :30 each side
Quadruped Rockbacks 5 breaths
Bird Dog Series (Contralateral and Same Side)

Workout: Strength Training
Single Leg DL: 1-2-3-1-2-3  each side, loaded with a 20kg KB
Front Squat 1-2-3 (95lbs), 1-2-3 (135 lbs).  I know that seems light, but I'm SHIT at Front Squats, so the 135 was actually my PR!!
Hanging Leg Raise 1-2-3-1-2-3

Metabolic:
15 Burpees on the minute for 10 minutes!  This was RIDICULOUS!!!


Monkey Butler add-on:
Suitcase Carry: 32 kg
Bear Crawl Spin
Farmer Walk 2x24kg in each hand
5 Monkey Jumps  (Basically frog jumps, squat down, put your hands on the ground, then jump straight up.)
Offset Rack Carry: 24kg bell
Bear Crawl Spin
Windmill into Waiter Walk with Suitcase.  (High Bell 14kg, low bell 24kg)
5 Monkey Jumps

No comments:

Post a Comment