Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Gushing on Gratitude

Good Morning TEAM!

I know it's been FOREVER.  It's always been forever.  I'm a terrible blogger.  I am doing my goddamn BEST to get better, though so please bear with me.


Today's post has been inspired by my colleague, friend, and mentor Brian Patrick Murphy.  He writes a regular blog.  He's a LOT better at it than me and I highly recommend his stuff.  Today his post was about things he is grateful for, and I'm going to take a page from his book and list some of the things I am grateful for as well.  Sorry to copycat, Murph, but a good idea is a good idea.


First of all, I am so grateful for my darling wife Rose.  She puts up with a lot from me on a daily basis.  From my lazy, bum-like habits, to my cranky, end-of-day attitude, she takes it in with a smile and her gorgeous laugh.  She makes me better every day by being in my life, and I would be lost without her.

My PARENTS are two of the greatest people in the world.  They have always supported me in whatever harebrained adventure I was undertaking, and they have never made me feel that I could be less than exemplary in all things.  Thanks folks, for always holding me up and making me the best person I could be.

My siblings are truly unique.  I am so grateful that they are in my life, and we have the same sense of humor, the same taste in movies and music.  I am fortunate enough to work with my brother-in-law Dan from time to time, and being paid to travel and work with family is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had in my life.  So thanks fam, for shaping me into the person I have become, and never letting me get too big for my britches.

 I am grateful for the city I live in.  I am SO grateful for my job at the Ninja Clubhouse.  I am beyond grateful for Mark Fisher, Brian Patrick Murphy, Michael Keeler, and Kyle Langworthy for creating this safe space and allowing me to participate in this Grand Unicorn Experiment.

I am so grateful for the Ninjas I get to meet, and talk to and work with.  Each of your journey's are fascinating to me, and I am grateful for the opportunity to be even a small part of your path to success.   And I am obsessed with everyone I have the joy of working with and for at MFF.  It truly is the greatest team I have ever been a part of.  Such love and compassion for each other, it's unreal.

I am grateful for the other professionals in my field who have been so welcoming and inspire me everyday to become better.  BPM, Rog Law, Kevin Larrabee, Kevin Carr, Aleks Salkin, Dan John, Harold Gibbons, Eric Cressey, Mike Boyle, Laura Smith, Amanda Wheeler, Todd Bumgardner, Kyle Balzer, Connor Ryan, just to name a few.  These are the professionals I want surrounding me at all times.

I am grateful for the twilight time of the evening, when the sun goes down, and it isn't quite dark yet. It's cooling off, and it's still half light....that's my FAVORITE time of day.  I am grateful for snacks. All kinds.

WHEW!  That feels great!  Thanks MURPH.  I honestly believe you can store gratitude inside you, almost like pent up frustration, and DAMN if it doesn't feel good to air that stuff out.   I am grateful to Brian Patrick Murphy for this inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for you. Truly. -CK

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've taught us at least 1,000 times what we've taught you; we're so GRATEFUL to be your parents! And dusk truly is the BEST time of every day!

    ReplyDelete