Saturday, October 1, 2016

October 1st 2016!

The 4th annual 10,000 Swing Challenge begins!  Every year, dear friends and readers the weather cools off, the soup begins to simmer, the sounds of football ring through the air, and we begin to offend each other with political rhetoric! It must be October, which means it's time for the 10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge.


This was put forth by Dan John, with his article in T Nation.    I have begun to do it as a personal challenge and swing refresher each October to honor the 10th month, I have my own little swing harvest.

I will be keeping track of my reps and sets here.  Feel free to check in with me for accountability.  In fact, if you are one of the few readers of this blog, I LOVE YOU, and nag me about this shit CONSTANTLY, PLEASE.

The weight is a 24kg KB, OR my 55 pound asshole bell from Modells.  That's the one I use at home. It's a BEAR.  The handle is thick and rough as HELL.

Today:

I broke them up because I had my final day of Snatched 2 at Mark Fisher Fitness.  I did 120 in class.

6x20= 120 Snatched 2

Then I came home and did:

10 sets of 15=150  Did 15 on the minute for 10 minutes

OS Resets: Head Turns/Neck nods
Commando Rocking
LEGO Crawls x 5 on each side
Wrist Vents

3 sets of 10=30  10 on the minute for 3 minutes

SO 150+120+30=300

300 Day one.  9,700 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment